lowering, how much does it put your insurance up

robswany

Depends who you're with, different insurance companies rate these things differently. Whereas one of my first insurers wanted £100 per mod, my current insurer doesn't charge me for non-performance (BHP increasing) mods :)

Even with my last insurer, it cost me like £12 to declare it lowered, with change of seats and tinted lights.

Again depends who your with...

Mine doesn't care about Ford cosmetic mods (IE: a Ford RS bumper or Ford alloys etc) and will let me off with one non-Ford cosmetic mod (Lowering)

They only get arsey with the likes of Fibre Glass body kits and engine mods

So it was a case of "Thanks for telling us about the modifications... We have noted them on our system but they will not effect your insurance... Unless you modify the engine or add more non-Ford cosmetic modifications we will class your car as unmodified" Happy days! :sleep:

Some insurers are anal to the point of charging extra for the fag ash in your ashtray! :roll:

Luck of the draw I think! :))

• 3 months later...

be aware though that any mods that are classed as cosmetic and not charged for will mean that in the event of a repair they will just put standard parts back on ,, this came from a customer of mine who works for a insurance repair centre,,

one guy had to have his car towed home as the uprated/lowered suspention wasnt covered and the garage were only authorised to fit a standard shock/spring to the passenger side,,,

that would have left the car unsafe as it would have been lowered on one side but not the other,, and even if you supply the parts they arnt authorised to fit them,,

buy the same standards,, they imported a new veilside front bumper and repainted it in the matching custom colour for a guy who was covered for it,,,

its all down to the insurance companies,, so they might not penalise you for it,, but they sure as hell wont cover it

pay your money make you choice,,