Pistonheads run To Cornwall 22nd Feb

sifox

Guys just been told of a run on pistonheads about coming down to Cornwall on the 21st or 22nd feb try this link

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.a...20Feb&mid=0

This is the details found out now it is on the 22nd feb.

[report] 20:30

OK - well here goes...! This is looking like the Sunday 22nd by the way - I'll have to have a word with mother nature to fix it for us...

I had a long drive today - and the car is now thoroughly desalted/gritted with a good wash - although I did put a slight scratch into it - bummer, but no dent as was on the bumper so not too bad thankfully. Spoke to both Kingsley village at Fraddon, and the Plume of Feathers at Mitchell. Kingsley will be open for buying/trade at 10:30, however they will open facilities for us from about 10 onwards - there should be some catering there inside servinv bacon butties and similar as well as cups of tea. I will need some help though as I intend on having a table/chairs just inside the front door there so we can hand out the route maps etc. We will then have a short rally call around 10:45-11:00 with a quick hello by me (does anyone have a megaphone?) as well as a gentle reminder on 'sensible overtaking' by PH member jasoncorn. There is then a quiet sideroad we can all snake out on to form the convoy and hopefully proceed onto the A30.

First of all Plume of Feathers. Had a good sit down, and it turns out they have some car clubs that go there regularly as well. Well what they've agreed to is a set buffet at £10 per head - they will send me sample menus later in the week so will post on here once received. I have said 40ish people so given 30ish cars I think this should be reasonably accurate. For those that don't know Plume of Feathers - they are an EXTREMELY good pub with great food so it will get busy with the Sunday Roast brigade. As a result I have asked for a 2:30-3:30 meet and eat time (getting there for 2:30) - this should hopefully free up some room in the car park by then.

We would then depart circa 3:30 and head to Adrenaline Motorsport about 10miles/minutes East on the A30 - although this is pending their move to a new factory/garage. I am still to work out detail but hopefully we'll have a quick look around, and be given a demonstration of their superb Murtaya (I saw this lapping castle combe 2-3 years back). People can then head off as and when, although this promises to be a spectacular look at an innovative and expanding company so will be worth the extra half hour for those that can afford it. We can then say our goodbyes leaving at the latest 16:30.

Now, over to the route... I've done a quick check via the aa route planner, and we can cover kinsley to portreath, along the coast road to st ives, and then around the coastal route to penzance, then thru falmouth onto truro and onto mitchell for our late lunch. This route is around 92miles total and if you trust the aa times is a smidgen under 3hrs - an average of 30mph!! If we were to leave kingsley at 11 - this would then last until 2pm - giving us 30mins - or maybe more (up to an hour) to stop and regroup en route for any stragglers (possibly two 15-25min stops after each hour - around 12-12:30pm and 1-1:30pm).

So over to you all - engines at the ready please - does this sound like an OK plan to you?! I took a bit of planning, and a slightly bruised fezza, but I got there in the end...

:cheers: