Drilled Airbox

Mr. Nick

Just curious, but, if i put a K&N panel filter in my airbox, then drill it, will it still go through an MOT ok or would i have to change the airbox for the sake of the mot?

You should have no problems with the mot as long as emisions are ok air box drilled or bottom cut off

Im gona drill mine this weekend, see what all the fuss is about :P

Did you not see my video on youtube?

I'll get the link. (It was back in the day when all it had on it was a drilled airbox, before I got my magnex)

Listen to the sound difference to normal, and it's even better when going along.

I'll get the link. (It was back in the day when all it had on it was a drilled airbox, before I got my magnex)

Listen to the sound difference to normal, and it's even better when going along.

you should av heard mc bobs before he got rid of his back boxes

here it atleast 5 miles away lol

how many holes should i drill then?? how far apart etc?

Apparantley, K&N's do actually improve very little bhp. Only because the standard airbox can only bring in so much air, with standard or modified filer, K&N (induction kits) let air in more, thus forcing more air into combustion chamber to mix with the fuel, and thats why apparantley, if you dont use an airbox, you'll let so much unrestricted air in (probably fcuk your car as you'll be sucking up Shite) that it'll pick up faster in revs?

Haven't seen that before but thats cool :D

how many holes should i drill then?? how far apart etc?

Apparantley, K&N's do actually improve very little bhp. Only because the standard airbox can only bring in so much air, with standard or modified filer, K&N (induction kits) let air in more, thus forcing more air into combustion chamber to mix with the fuel, and thats why apparantley, if you dont use an airbox, you'll let so much unrestricted air in (probably fcuk your car as you'll be sucking up Shite) that it'll pick up faster in revs?

Partially true.. IF there is any increase in BHP, it'll be so small you wont notice it. Most of the time, cars running modified induction use a ram air effect which I cant be bothered to explain. Theres plenty on it on google. But even with that, it only becomes effective at high speeds.

all it'll essentially do it make is sound more growly