dashboard bulbs

craigc86si

right i want to replace the 2 bulbs in the speedo but cant find the right ones, ive done a search on here and comes up with a difference of opinion so i bought some 509t's but they are too small, i dont want to buy the sets off ebay because im simply after white leds for the speedo and the 509t's fit into the heater dials,not the speedo.can anyone plz help?

cheers

i will go and have a look what they are called. i got a set of 2 brand new white ones for the speedo, the two that go on the top. if u want em make me an offer :)

nice one mate, white leds yea? are they in the holders cuz the holder for one of them is slightly broke tryin to remove the original bulb.lol

Edited by craigc86si

yeah they bright white ones , and i dont know what u mean by in the holder, they look like 509t ones but a bit bigger. ill go get a pic mate :)

i mean the bit the actual bulb/led sits in before it goes into the dash. yea they look like the 509t but are marginally bigger, cheers dude

erm... nah i cant mate - not really :roll: - but can u do me a favour and send me tha link? and do you know if they do other bulbs aswell as them ones, as i need the smaller ones :cheers:

ah cheers anyways mate, u helped me find what i need :cheers:

ebay link

ther ya go mate, not sure what else they got

right i want to replace the 2 bulbs in the speedo but cant find the right ones, ive done a search on here and comes up with a difference of opinion so i bought some 509t's but they are too small, i dont want to buy the sets off ebay because im simply after white leds for the speedo and the 509t's fit into the heater dials,not the speedo.can anyone plz help?

cheers

if the plastic bulb holder doesnt fit in where the speedo bulbs go, just take the leds/bulbs out of the small plastic holder, and put them in the large plastic holder then they will fit and work on the speedo

all the bulbs and leds are the same, its just the plastic holders that are different sizes

so just swap them around, sorted

it works because this is how i did mine

and it doesn't work because I tried it :roll:

I had to break the bulb to remove it

try again, and don't be heavy handed

there a tight fit, but they can be removed

if it doesn't work once you have swapped the bulbs or leds over, make sure the contacts on the leds or bulbs are touching the contacts on the bulber holder

its not rocket science to be honest, if i did it, it really isn't hard lol

Edited by mykez69