car juddering under load

onehotminute_191

cant notice any problems at idle or high engine speed. only when at low revs and high gear. eg 30oddMPH in 4th or 5th. its fine when cruising at that speed but when i acclerate it judders.

i think it could be plugs, leads or coil pack. ive just had a look and all leads are recieving a spark but this is only at idle speed.

so if i assume that the coil pack and lead are fine then 1 or more spark plug is knackered. even though it runs ok maybe it can spark well enough for ignition?

any ideas on that or anything else i should look out for?

cheers

ive just tested the coil pack

ive got 1 coil at 14.54ohm and the other 2 at 16.50ohms across each of the pairs of coils. (its a v6). so to me that seems within reason unless im wrong??? not sure. i dont think thats the problem other wise i would be getting 2 cylinders working but its doesnt fell bad enough to be that.

i tried testing resistance betwwen the terminals and HT lead ends but i was getting open circuit on all terminals. im not sure of the internals of a coil pack so not sure if thats correct but maybe the resistance was too high for the meter.

anyone know what results i should be getting for that?

ive just tested the coil pack

ive got 1 coil at 14.54ohm and the other 2 at 16.50ohms across each of the pairs of coils. (its a v6). so to me that seems within reason unless im wrong??? not sure. i dont think thats the problem other wise i would be getting 2 cylinders working but its doesnt fell bad enough to be that.

i tried testing resistance betwwen the terminals and HT lead ends but i was getting open circuit on all terminals. im not sure of the internals of a coil pack so not sure if thats correct but maybe the resistance was too high for the meter.

anyone know what results i should be getting for that?

If it went open circuit on even one of the packs it would missfire like a pig which v6 is it?

Edited by bloke