URGENT :) Clutch Replacement

Mr. Nick

Right, i'm replacing my clutch today if all goes well.. :rolleyes:

what i need to know is..

do i have to drop the engine out or remove the bell housing?

do we have some sort of guide for it?

there will be enough people around for help and advice, but i want to know for things to look out for and general directions to help speed up the process! :)

swiftly replied help would be very appreciated!! :cheers:

:pancake:

okay, 'jack up the front wheels and remove the pass side wheel.. put on stands tho!

next split the balljoint on the wishbone and track rod end.

Remove the pass drive shaft (i just split at the inner joint to prevent oil leakage.

remove the speedo cable, gear Linkage and support running back under the car.

disconnect the clutch cable.

unbolt the starter and tie out the way

jack under the box, Remove the front and rear mounts.

undo all the bell housing bolts, Drop the jack and remove the box.

i think that about it

right we finally got the clutch off today and the new one in.

problem we're having is the fact we can get the front of the gearbox/bell housing lined up, but not the back.

it is doing my head in as i'd like to get it sorted today!! :curse: :vangry: :censored: :nutter:

im lost..

What u mean you cant get the back of the G/box lined up ??? :unsure:

Once the inner spline is within the engine block , jsut simple turn it clock wise & anti clock wise within an inch or 2 movement which then should allow the gearbox to slot in place..

Wotever u do dont try and force the gearbox on by tightening it with the bolts as you will pull the threads out of the G,box as they are rubbish for keeping threads.

Sorted! 2 days! 1 day to get it off, 1 day to fit it! The air con is such a B!tch though!;) atleast its done! I do NOT intend to ever do that again! Had to learn though i guess..

Haha, its wierd, my biting point was SO far out normally, now its scary how far down it is!

it engages about half a cm off the floor! :/ but woop, its done :D :D :D

Sorted! 2 days! 1 day to get it off, 1 day to fit it! The air con is such a B!tch though!;) atleast its done! I do NOT intend to ever do that again! Had to learn though i guess..

Neither did i BUT.. my gearbox is now lying in my garden just now but i beat you... It only took me 2.5 hours to get it out :P :roll:

Neither did i BUT.. my gearbox is now lying in my garden just now but i beat you... It only took me 2.5 hours to get it out :P :roll:

i got mine in and out all dun in about that time !! :thumb: :P

i got mine in and out all dun in about that time !! :thumb: :P

I was going slow,,, and it was freezing :roll: