Heater switch!!

Dunk

I just remembered, just before my clutch died, I went to turn the heater fan on and it don't work. This happened in my g/fs old car and I remember replacing the switch and it still didnt work.

Is there anything I should check before just getting a new switch, is it fuesed seperatly or anything???

This happened in my old mk 5.

What happened is ur fuse board is fucked, it uses dry solders on the relays for the interior fan and these simply fall off over time!

Afraid if u want to get it sorted it is a matter of taking out ur fuse box and having it re done meaning ur car will be off the road for a while!

Hope this helps dude!

P.S. did u ever fit the air filter?

This happened in my old mk 5.

What happened is ur fuse board is fucked, it uses dry solders on the relays for the interior fan and these simply fall off over time!

Afraid if u want to get it sorted it is a matter of taking out ur fuse box and having it re done meaning ur car will be off the road for a while!

Hope this helps dude!

P.S. did u ever fit the air filter?

cant i just replace the box???? that would be easier! this is the interior fuse box i assume!

i didnt ever get an air filter. K&N dont make one and advised me not to touch it, what do u reckon???

But if u replace the box it will likely be for one that has the same problem since the original problem came straight from the factory! Best gettin it professionally done by someone who can cure it permanantley.

Universal cone at the end of the box mate! Cant go wrong with that!

Worked a treat with mine and with ur new zorst on ur car will sound wicked. :thumb:

K&N would have to say that cos if they advised u to do something to ur car that they haven't tested then they would be in the shite!