Time to call the breakdown people!

88-XR3i

Just got to work and steam was coming out from under the bonnet! Water all over the works car park

Seems to be coming out of the bit of plastic that comes off the rad near the air box!!!

Ah well...1st bit of a problem so not that bad

The bit at the top of the rad that goes straight into the airbox?

yeah, seems like it mate

If i remember correctly, thats just an air intake pipe... If you have water in there you have big problems lol.

Its more that likely the water has been squirted onto there, my giess would either be a split rad pipe (the thick one from the rad to front of the engine) or the circulater pipe (from the top of the water bottle to the front of the engine) have a quck look and see if the pipe that comes from the top of the water bottle is still attached to the engine, mine came off once and soaked the engine bay.

It is a split in the radiator hose...where the thermostat goes, its split at that part

been patched up for the time being to get me home, and hoping to leave work early to go get another bit!

Also PM'd xr2steve, and asked in the wanted section in case someone can help me out and save me the drive to a scrappies

I want to try do as little miles on it as possible till I get it fixed...but as you know mate, i need my car in case my mrs drops! lol!

It is a split in the radiator hose...where the thermostat goes, its split at that part

been patched up for the time being to get me home, and hoping to leave work early to go get another bit!

Also PM'd xr2steve, and asked in the wanted section in case someone can help me out and save me the drive to a scrappies

I want to try do as little miles on it as possible till I get it fixed...but as you know mate, i need my car in case my mrs drops! lol!

If it hapened yesterday i would have sorted it for ya, but im at work today lol.

Just top it up and make sure you carry a big bottle of water in your boot and your be fine till you fix it.

the clips are a right pain in the ass to get off!

Ah, im sure it will be easy enough, ive worked on Jap motors! Now they are a pain lol!!

Atleast I know the job in hand now, and what part I need...Just need to get the part now

Text a mate too, see if she can get hold of someone with that bit and save me a drive