1.6 zetec

John16v

It was good, the one I had was for an RS1800 Fiesta (I got it cheap) so I had to modify it to fit the smaller I.6 Zetec inlet pipe. It improved throttle response a bit but it seemed to lose a bit of power at high revs. It was bloody noisy aswell :P made a lovely throaty sound. In the end I removed it cos it was getting covered in dust from the road.

I'm going to get a K&N panel filter instead and maybe drill the standadr airbox.

i have a 1.6 zetec and have added a viper kit,powerflow full system,FSE powerboost valave,2 litre throttle body,1.8 MAS unit and sensor..and of which have given it lots more poke..opened up the breathing right thru the range..feels very sharp and snappy low down and eliminated all the flat spot areas..

i have a 1.6 zetec and have added a viper kit,powerflow full system,FSE powerboost valave,2 litre throttle body,1.8 MAS unit and sensor..and of which have given it lots more poke..opened up the breathing right thru the range..feels very sharp and snappy low down and eliminated all the flat spot areas..

(sorry, dunno how to quote properly)

how much power has all this given u? i have a magnex backbox that needs modifying to fit my car, anyone know who can do this as big city tyres in notts said they would do it for £100 and thats bollox coz i know it should cost bout £50-£60 to modify and fit it.

Also i was thinking bout a piperx viper?? any ideas on this, a mate got told that putting one on his 1.8 zetec focus would give him appox 15 bhp, and with an st170 manifold and mongoose exhaust he's looking at bout 35bhp increase. so im considering a viper induction kit.

anyone and other ideas how i can make it faster so i can race some ppl? without using nos, i dont trust myseld with it and if dad found out he'd kill me as it in his name.

cheers john

Oops forgot to ask one thing! what do i do about ther air sensors that are conected to the air box if i put an indution kit on? wont it mess up the ecu and so the car wont run or summat?

btw Dont drill your airbox!!!!!! it lets hotair in aswell as cold air and so your car will become slugish. i've seem it happen to a few cars, not a good idea mate, although it sound wicked.

john

ok..the air sensors(MAS unit) is still used for the induction kits..it connects via a big ass jubille clip to the cone for example..so theres no probs with utilising the existing sensors....

my car was 90bhp (as of 1.6 zetec)..but after all those mods im looking at 105bhp as of the rolling road readings....a backbox on its own will not give you any more power...a full system will however with a bigger centre bore to release the flow of gassses..a full de-cat will also give around 5bhp on a 1.6 but its a pain come MOT time imo....the 2 litre throttle body along with the 1.8 MAS..has really allowed the engine to breath..it pulls much stronger and has made the annoying flat spots diapear altogether...the viper really does help...im not sure about claims of 15bhp..a little optimistic i reckon...but it does fend of ALL the engine bay heat and retains the power no matter how hot it gets...

the 1.6 is a nightmare to get good gains from matey...ive done all this and wont do anymore now...im selling up and progressing to the 2 litre 14 lump in the RS2k....

the 1.6 was fun and pokey..but lacks mtorway ooph

thought this was the case, im gunna get the rest of the exhaust sorted later in the year i think, but back box needs replacing now and i got one off my mate cheap so it looks phat and sounds beefy so be ok, was thinkin bout 2 ltr lump next year or hopefully gettin a civic coupe :D:D:D