Anyone got trade insurance under 25

mattius

I have a few cars and do one up to sell now and then. Current have two policies and swap them over from time to time or add a car for a few days etc. One policy is up for renewal soon and doing it this way is getting annoying and expensive so been looking at a traders policy. Only problem is im 24, (Birthday is december) alot of trade policies i've looked at online have restrictions for under 25's i.e upto ins group 15/16. Anyone know any companies that would cover me with out ins group restrictions?

Trade policies are designed for people who are actually car traders. Buying and selling the odd car now and then does not constitute being a trader and whilst you may be able to convince a company to give you a traders policy they are likely to be problematic if you make a claim. The police in the midlands are clamping down on people who have so-called traders policies because they think it is a cheap way of allowing them to drive any car they want. In the long run it isn't because if you make a claim and cannot prove it arose as a result of trade use you are likely to be landed in it.

al

my friends dad has a trade policy, has had as long as i can remember, and my mate has been on it for the last 5 years (pretty much a year since he could drive)

Now days he has himself, both his sons (21 and 24) and his wife on it! He does trade in cars though, not as much as he used to nowadays though.

And theres me paying 2 insurance premiums. lol

Trade policies are designed for people who are actually car traders. Buying and selling the odd car now and then does not constitute being a trader and whilst you may be able to convince a company to give you a traders policy they are likely to be problematic if you make a claim. The police in the midlands are clamping down on people who have so-called traders policies because they think it is a cheap way of allowing them to drive any car they want. In the long run it isn't because if you make a claim and cannot prove it arose as a result of trade use you are likely to be landed in it.

al

No convincing would be required, many of the companies i have looked into offer policies for part time traders or people that own a number of personal cars, some state you must sell a number of cars a year but this is genrally a lowish amount. All personal cars would be declared therefore should be no legal problem should i need to make a claim.

The only problem is one of my cars is ins group 19 and as yet i haven't found a company that includes such vehicles for under 25's.

Thanks for the helpful coments, keep them coming if you know of any good companies to try.

And sorry for putting this in the wrong section originally :thumb: