advice on wishbone?

chunkymunky88

Hi all. Just joined the forum. i not long ago had my first daughter so need to get a bigger car so been thinking about a 5 door gti? Not ever owned one but im in love with them atm. Just seen one for sale so asked seller if it needs anything for mot which is due next month. He said may need wishbone, rear shoes and poss a tyre. How much is it to have wishbone supplied and fitted roughly and what exactly does it do? Car is a good 2 hour drive away so is it worth the hassle? has service history and its done 95000. Cheers for the help

Hi all. Just joined the forum. i not long ago had my first daughter so need to get a bigger car so been thinking about a 5 door gti? Not ever owned one but im in love with them atm. Just seen one for sale so asked seller if it needs anything for mot which is due next month. He said may need wishbone, rear shoes and poss a tyre. How much is it to have wishbone supplied and fitted roughly and what exactly does it do? Car is a good 2 hour drive away so is it worth the hassle? has service history and its done 95000. Cheers for the help

Hi!

Welcome to the club.

Wishbones can be bought for around £20-30 (aftermarket) per pair, they're about £45-50 each for Ford ones.

It's a common issue, that they need replacing every year or two, it's not difficult though a garage should only charge a couple hours labour to do them.

right o cheers mate. the one i saw has gone already... oh well. i gotta sell the mrs silly punto before i can get one anyway. im hoping that a 5 door white one pops up because i think they look smart with the standard wheels redone in black. the search continues...