heated windscreen

Forest

i have done the search bar on heated front screen and read a few topics already and can not find the info i need any help would be good.

i have the loom in my car all ready and for some reason i have a heated front screen fitted, all i need is the engine bay loom and switch.

my question is has any body done or got a how to guide and as the looms are hard to get hold of is it possible or how hard would it be to make one up .

any info no matter how small would be great.

i have done the search bar on heated front screen and read a few topics already and can not find the info i need any help would be good.

i have the loom in my car all ready and for some reason i have a heated front screen fitted, all i need is the engine bay loom and switch.

my question is has any body done or got a how to guide and as the looms are hard to get hold of is it possible or how hard would it be to make one up .

they are quite easy to fit 10-15min job, plugs in by the ABS pump then runs along to battery, plug into aux fusebox on battery,relay clips onto plastic behind battery.then plug scrren in.

have you got any breakers yards you could go to then you would know how it came out and what goes where. should be able to get one with the heated washer jets to.if you have aircon its a combined loom and harder to do, but the non aircon loom can still be fitted by cutting plug off and connecting to car loom. it's possible to make 1 but you would need the correct size cables and the relay. my local scrappie might have 1 if you cant get hold of 1

they are quite easy to fit 10-15min job, plugs in by the ABS pump then runs along to battery, plug into aux fusebox on battery,relay clips onto plastic behind battery.then plug scrren in.

have you got any breakers yards you could go to then you would know how it came out and what goes where. should be able to get one with the heated washer jets to.if you have aircon its a combined loom and harder to do, but the non aircon loom can still be fitted by cutting plug off and connecting to car loom. it's possible to make 1 but you would need the correct size cables and the relay. my local scrappie might have 1 if you cant get hold of 1

cheers for the reply, i havent got abs or aircon, i got an idea were the plugs are and you hit the nail on the head when you said to rip it out of one at a breakers so i get an idea of what goes where , but the trouble is to find one . i can get hold of the wires and that and feel im able to knock one up but without seeing one i wouldnt have a clue.

26 views, anyone with ideas?

Im watching this thread intentley as im going to swap my heated screen out of my rs2000 into my estate. So im also looking for advice.

the loom is easy to remove, probably cheaper to get new screen rather than swap. or if you have a chip/cracked screen claim on insurance.

i think a couple of cars might have the loom in the scrappie near me, might have a look on sat and let you know.

• 1 month later...

Get a loom from a finesse or LX with heated screen.

They come with the screen loom only and are not intergated with the heated washerjets or mirrors.

(i have a later finesse and had already looked in to this)

if you have the internal loom, the plug for the switch will be tapped to the heated rear screen plug in the dash.

in the engine bay there is a loom connector where the abs unit normally fits and routes as stated above (wire to battery box is a thick orange with a green stripe wire) but you will also have a part of the addon loom or part of your existing loom (i forget which) that will bolt to both inner wings by the bonnet hinges for the earth also remove the scuttle plasic to show the connectors for the screen again on both sides.