Engine questions....

Chris_1.8Si

Well, i'd like to no who makes, and where i could purchase some items for my 1.8Si....

HT leads - who makes 'em for an Si (or a GTi same engine right?) and where can i get some from?

Spark plug - do i have to buy ones specifically for an Si?

oil - whats reccommended (haven't found a haynse manual to check this out yet!)?

not exactly engine related but, braided break hoses - who make 'em for an Si and where can i get 'em from?

Thanks for any help!!

HT leads - ford parts counter will be a good place to start, don't believe the hype in all these "high performance leads" unless u have massive engine mods then they aren't going to make the slightest difference and even with mods i don't think they would make that much.

spark plugs - see above

oil - simply use the best u can afford, obviously everyone will shout mobile 1 at you but really it's too thin for zetecs, i use millers semi synthetic in mine :thumb:

braided brake hoses - probably demon tweaks or someone like that would be a good start. there is a place near leicester i deal with that will make them to order but they need a old hose to patern it to. gotta be honest though, braided hoses on a standard scort are a bit of a waste ;(

oh and all of the parts u have mentioned u wouldn't need to specify it's a SI just tell them it's a 1.8 zetec and the year of the car :thumb:

Hi there luckily i have just got a full service kit for my 1.8si 115ps

OIL - DUCKHAMS Q 5W-30 SYNTHETIC BASED (GREEN IN COLOUR) £15.99

PLUGS - NGK LASER PLATIGNUM PREMIUM £3.50 EACH

OIL FILTER - MAHLE PART NUMBER OC266 £3.50

CAM BELT - I BOUGHT A (GATES POWERGRIP OF WHICH IS A TRIED AND TESTED ONE) £20.00 (PART NUMBER 5360xs)

Dont know what the air filter is as i have a performance one fitted :D

Cheers for the help lads - i don't no all that much about engine tuning, but these r basic thing i'm gonna have done asap after i get the car, pretty much giving it to a friend of the family for a service having the cambelt changed and i'll probably get the injectors cleaned aswell....

Tiddles, the brakes will not stay standard for long!!!! :D