P0120 tps - maf - egr related?

mikes-fat-arsed-estate

after a long time of suspecting a faulty maf due to the car picking up better when lightly pressed other then hard to the floor - poor mpg ect i ruled out maf sensor after replacing it 3 times.

yesterday i read the code stored p0120 throttle position sensor, so ive been doing alot of reading but not really got a clear answer i did a brim test last week & got 370 which i think we will all agree is poor for the tdi model.

ive read that the tps & maf only control the egr & blanking the egr renders the tps & maf useless which i find hard to believe.

i tested the tps today with a metre reader is has 5 on the live but does not alter when the cars throttle is applied so conclusion its dead & im guessing this is not a serviceable part? ive scanned ebay and unable to find one but to be honest & the prices they are from ford id much rather try a 2nd hand part so if any one has any further info on how this part aids the car / mpg id be gratefully or if you have a spare id be happy to exchange some cash with you : )