Airbag control light

John16v

the other night i was out driving and suddenly my airbag control light started flashing. i got home and had a look at the manual and says it should go off after the car is started. however mine stays on and flashes. could i have hit a bump in the road that has caused this to happen? anyone else had this problem??

john

this is an age old problem that can be caused by the seatbelt pre-tensioners (the little yellow things under your seat) give em a wiggle and a push make sure they connected fully n see what happens, failing that remove the bulb :innocent: :D

now i could be pissing in the wind here cos i don't know if it's the same with ford but know that on both vauxhall and renault there is a simpleish way to sort it out but u gotta be carefull! basicly all it involves is cutting out the plug that goes from the pretensioner to the loom just under the seat and solder the wires together.........

like i said though u need to be carefull when u doing it so unless u r 100% confident when doing it then don't even go there!

I've had this problem since June but haven't seemed to have been able to fix it (faffin around under seat included)

Did ask the Ford dealers once about it (as me mam was frightened it might go off unpredicted) and the dealer told me it won't go off at all, even if you do have a crash.

Still buggered as to what to do with it..

Will ya motor still pass a (legal) :D MOT if your warning light doesn't flash on when you start the engine, and you still have an airbag? I know that it's a fail if you don't have an airbag, but the warning light is on. :(

That's what mine started out like mate...

Just this minute in from fixing mine and the bloody lights off :D Actually pays to look under the passenger seat to see how its fixed on, and with a little acrobatics (i had seat all the way down flat, and I was lying on my front!!!) it's now not on.

I did notice the wee bit that the wire plugs into on the passenger seat had a little metal clip to help hold it in place, the drivers seat didn't.

All in all pleased!! :cheers: :cheers: