TV and DVD

K3V HA

Ime getting a 5.6" screen and dvd player for my car, i know that i can buy the fm modulator to get the sound through my car speakers but thats about it, how do i power my tv and dvd player?? i dont want one that plugs into my fag lighter cos i think it looks crap. Any advise?? also,. dont suggest games console, cos I dont want one of them!!

Cheers

k3v

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would expect them to come with fag lighter attachments for the power, so cut them off and hard wire it to the back of the fag lighter.

Alternatively run a new cable from the battery to a distribution block then wire them to that. Probably the best option as its a separate circuit.

This is all with the appropiate inline fuses of course :thumb:

Fcuk ebay mate, ive just got the DVD player the was recommened in max a couple of montsh ago (they said rrp 160) and a 7.2" screen (rrp in max power 160) for 188 quid all in, no charges from america or nothing cos i rang the uk branch up and spoke to em direct!! (they said they shouldnt really cos they are internet prices and US Based) Checked the company out before i gave em my credit card details (with credit check at work) and they are a reputable company so no worries with them.

Get them on Monday, so should be up and running then!! (There probably be somat up with em but never mind!!)

K3V

I run a Sony CDX900RDS Pro, it has no speaker outs, just pre-outs, but Sony do what they call an AUX IN selector, basically it plugsinto where the changer should go and gives you 5 inputs...........I've got...........changer, DVD, PS1 a spare and USB................ :thumb:

I know what you mean Si, Car Audio Centre in notts said that Kenwood version is quite a bit of money, so am just gonna get FM modulator i think. The DVD player i got runs from fag lighter but am going to try what rich suggested and wire it up at the back!! If i get stuck ill ring ya si, that ok??

Cheers

K3V

i have the sony CDX-CA900, has one aux input but if you connect the CD changer to it, it disables the aux as its used by the changer.

i currently have a universal sony changer which has a separate control system and fm modulator, to keep the aux free for my carputer. Atlhough the changer is working right atm, only plays when it feels like it, usually only the top cd :vangry:

my head unit can control the sony changer but i need a way of connecting the computer to the head unit, something like you use si would be good.

i have the sony CDX-CA900, has one aux input but if you connect the CD changer to it, it disables the aux as its used by the changer.

i currently have a universal sony changer which has a separate control system and fm modulator, to keep the aux free for my carputer. Atlhough the changer is working right atm, only plays when it feels like it, usually only the top cd :vangry:

my head unit can control the sony changer but i need a way of connecting the computer to the head unit, something like you use si would be good.

there was thing that made it so you can use the aux input, u put a dummy cable in the changer control socket and then you could use the aux for anything then, or i seen seomthing like a box that allowed 2 changers into one headunit, but me 1--% on this tho, cos mine has aux in and i wanted to input sound