Removing rear panels

98gt

I'm going moving my 6x9's from the rear shelf to the rear panels as done in the guide on the website. I just have a couple of questions

Is it a big job removing the rear panels on a 3dr? Do I need to remove the rear seatbelts and the trim panels beside the rear seats?

Are rear panels (the bits that support the rear shelf) the same on both the 3dr and 5dr? I managed to break on of mine and sratch the other when I let the rear shelf fall on them ;( So I might have to get a pair from a scrappy.

Any advice from anyone who's done this would be much appreciated :thumb:

as luck would have it ive just taken mine out but mines a 5 door, but i dont think there is much difference if any

was going to do this as a guide for the web-site so see if u follow it ok

tools

phillips screwdriver

junior hacksaw

2 torx-screw bits

undo the 6 screws (marked in red circles)

prise off the cover and undo the torx-screws holding the seat belt holder (marked in blue)

undo another couple of torx-screws holding the seat release peg

now u have to either split the panel to get the seat belt out (marked in yellow) or try to get the tensioner out but that looked a right t**t to do

remove the panel

521b9ac1.jpg

Cheers m8 that pic helps alot :thumb:

The 3dr panels are different alright - they dont have the section that goes around the side window - just the section that goes up the rear pillar, so it'll be a right pain trying to find a pair in a scrap yard (very few scrapped 3drs in Ireland :( ).

I'll repair the ones I have instead - I have a couple of ideas to try on them ;)