Best small sub

RS2000

I would seriously consider an RE 8" or the Crystal 8" sub, both can be bought from www.caraudiodirect.com.

I heard the RE 8" in a friends car ( well 4 of them! ) and they were seting car alarms off, with about 500wrms. Because they are 2 ohm ( soon to be DVC 4 ohm ) u can get that little extra wattage from the amp ( if it is 2 ohm stable )

Or the Crystal 8" which is a single 4 ohm so most amps will power it, but it is 350wrms, so u will need a good amp, but has a shocking 20mm 1 way Xmax !

And the Re 8" is currently on special at a good price, depending on your amp :)

HTH

To drown out that bloody squeek from them tail gate rubbers :curse: :curse:

And the Re 8" is currently on special at a good price, depending on your amp

I have a keenwood V12, is that going tot be ok??

Hmm not to sure mate.

Do u have the specs on the amp ? because the RE is a single 2 ohm coil, i doubt very much your amp will like 2 ohm if u bridge it, so u may have to run it off a single channel, if the amp is powerful enougth then do this :)

What are the channels rated at ? RMS power ?

10" alpine type s (my current sub) runnign in my bros car atm, is power by an alpine t407 amp and it is very loud and gives clear bass for what it is , it all really depends on your budget and what sort of music you listen 2 m8, jl w3's are good subs if you want low bass etc and is fairley cheap or theres things like attomics that are for spl really at high prices but you will probs have to upgrade your amp for an attomic etc

• 4 weeks later...

BUT IMO the vibe boxs sound cak !

The ports are designed for loudness, they have quite high VV and group delay.

Ports are to short tuning them high with a los of low end.

Altho there speakers are pretty good on there own :)

Still say go for the RE 8, in a 0.25 cuft sealed box for S.Q or port in a 0.5 cuft for SQL, that is small !

Or if u can get hold of one, an old style Directed Comp-X 10" sub, needs a powerful amp that runs two ohm and can work in a 0.35 enclosure nicely :D