Sound proofing

Gav

The best sounddeading on the market at the mo IMO is Dynamat Extreme.

Caraudiodirect.com are doing a bulk buy deal at the moment, for £150 u get 9 rolls which should do a car.

It is great stuff, very sticky so really when u put it on it stays on. Also easier to apply than the normal stuff and lighter !

There is a cheaper thing u can use, and that is Marley tape/flashing tape/aqua seal ( it is called different things in different shops )

It is a bitumen based product that has a sticky side like dynamat, put on as normal. it works alright, but it mainly adds mass to the panel, not deaden the noise like dynamat ( turns the energy into heat IIRC )

AND it is ALOT cheaper, it is brought in large rolls, but, yes it may be cheaper, but u need more layers to get someone were around the same affect as dynamat, 3 layers of marley tape is about the same as a single layer of normal dynamat, so it can swing both ways. this can be bought in places like Homebase, B&Q's e.t.c.

But IMO there is no substitute for the real thing, if u have the money get extreme :)

Hey blinkybill, u seem to know ur ice mate, so what is the best way to set up ur system, what with controls on the amp and head etc, i think my system has more to offer but needs tweeking! X(

Start a new thread and i will ahppyle help u out :)

Don't wont to spam this guys thread :D