Rear speakers ??

simick1712

Hey,

I wanna get some new speakers in the back of my car but can't be messing around with cutting dirty great holes all over the place, so I thought I'd just put some 5x7s in where the standard speakers are.

The big question is will they fit ok? Or will I have to buy some adapters or something?

?( ?( ?(

Cheers, :thumb:

Simon.

All you need's a nice sharp drill and some patience to drill holes all the way round for the 6x9's..come on if an amateuer like me can do it anyone can!

Only thing is it leaves a damn big hole there for when ya sell the car on! (unless you leave the speakers with the car..na!

• 3 weeks later...

Sod those places mate............

6x9-1.jpg

6x9-2.jpg

Just bung in lots of sound proofing into the boot (old carpet did for me!), and its perfect, stealthy and outta sight, and turn up the speakers and the rear shelf hardly absorbs any noise so it all travels through!

:thumb:

Just don't put the dog it the boot and kick up the bass!!

:roll:

Sod those places mate............

6x9-1.jpg

6x9-2.jpg

Just bung in lots of sound proofing into the boot (old carpet did for me!), and its perfect, stealthy and outta sight, and turn up the speakers and the rear shelf hardly absorbs any noise so it all travels through!

:thumb:

Just don't put the dog it the boot and kick up the bass!!

:roll:

Never seen that before looks good :thumb: wont the subs proper drown them out though??