Fitting Head Unit In mk6 Scort

benc

I changed my standard ford HU for a nice Kenwood Mask MP3 one...got the face plate from halfords and fit it all and there is a gap at the top of the radio! looks rite wank! also the surround bit for the face of the radio wont fit on due to the top bit of the gap being curved rather than square if you get me...? Anyone else has this prob?

I seen sum pics on ere of sum ppls steroes and they seem to have a different face convertor kit to me, will this sort me out? If so where do i get em from n how much?

Cheers ppl.

B.

aint got a camera n dnt know ne1 wiv a digi came. :(

Going by the pics i have seen of some of the ppls Head Units on ere. they have a lower blankin plate that goes at the bottom of the HU and a little blankin plate for the top aswell. Get me?

B.

well mine is all one unit the size of the old ford radio, with a gap at the top for the headunit u putting in, and a space at the bottom about 2 inchs of plastic thats all i can say mine is, and hold the radio very good :thumb:

Yea thats wot i got, u not get the same prob then? I can see the top of the cage a bit thats all...just bugs me...loooks like a shite jobs thats all. You see wot i mean if u look at that pic i linked in my last msg...it seems to have an extra blankin plate at the top?

B.

Ere...u can see it more clearly in this pic:

red_stereo_surround.jpg

B.

I know what's going on in this pic- you are missing a bit from your headunit mate!

The adapter everyone has is just the same as that red plastic in your picture - that's it.

The bare metal cage edging that you can see in the pic is covered by a snap-on plastic lip that comes with your headunit - it is part of it, as it fits on the main CD reader block that you sink into the dash. You can see it in the first picture on the Sony HU - it is the lip of black plastic that 'frames' your detachable face, when installed.

hmmm yea i know the bit ur talkin bout...just it dnt seem to fit properly. that surround that you talking about, i do have, but where the top of the HU meets the dash...the dash is naturaly curved at the corners slightly n wnt let me clip it on. unless a shave some of the corners off the plastic surround.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... ?(

B.