power caps?

John

are they worth it?

i've got really bad diming of my lights when the bass really drops ;( i know the obvious way to sort it is upratted alternator and battery but thats gonna cost mucho casho that i don't really wanna do! i'm going to try putting some better more heavy duty cable in from battery to alternator etc on the advice of the guy at mcs so hopefully that will go some way to sorting it out. he also recomended a power cap for it which should help things a bit more? i'm kinda convinced by what he said but just don't know if i wanna spend any more wonga at the moment!

they got a kicker 1 farad posh looking power cap thingy down there at the moment, got digital read out on it and all that, he rekons they supposed to be like 160 quid but they are on offer at the moment for 80 quid. is it worth going for it or is it really not going to make that much difference?

any advice gratefully recieved as ever :thumb:

even though i only got a 10inch sub when the bass dropped the lights would dim to f88k at one point the brake lights wouldnt work at all..wired power cap in and it solved that

however on my mates saxo he got uprated battery and hasnt be arsed to rewire his powercap in and he running a genesis monoblock 1200rms watts and a pg xs4600 total of 1800 watts rms, and his lightrs dont dim or owt

john

I just brought one for my install, but not showing any of it till its done, here is the box it came in, can always tell when you've spent too much on bits of ICE when they turn up in a hand crafted wooden box like this!

box.jpg

I also have got a larger battery, can't remember what its putting out but its out of a transit diesil pretty hefty.

I just brought one for my install, but not showing any of it till its done, here is the box it came in, can always tell when you've spent too much on bits of ICE when they turn up in a hand crafted wooden box like this!

box.jpg

bloody hell, u might aswell put a couple of subs in the box :D

well i got me a power cap yesterday :D

kicker 1.5 farad very smart looking thing...the guy did me a deal that i just couldn't turn down! the 1.0 farad cap was reduced from like 170 quid down to 80 quid but the 1.5 was still priced at getting on for 250 quid :O in the end after some seriously dealing with the bloke and tying it all in with some other things to be done on monday ;) i got the 1.5 farad cap for 80 quid including connectors monuting bracket etc etc!

so i was proud yesterday, came out of mcs with a bill for 280 quid for stuff that should have cost well over 500 quid! :thumb:

never again will i shop anywhere other than MCS when it comes to ICE 8)