Lowering on 14's...

simion_levi

Yep, I will be getting a full kit - so will have uprated shocks. Not sure if I'll replace the bushes for deflex and/or go for new lower arms or not yet though. What do you think?

My 'scort has done under 40k, should I-

a) Replace the front (or rear too?) bushes for deflex etc

b) Replace the lower arms for new & then deflex them

c) Do nothing, the kit will be fine on the originals for quite a while (35mm drop, matched shocks - on a 1.4i about 40k mileage, 6000+ miles per year mostly local, some motorway, very rarely ragged.)

just drop it mate and don't worry about the bushes. i dropped mine -40mm on springs last year and have done like 7k sinse fitting them and have no probs with the lower arm bushes. i've also lowered m4tts and evvs cars and as far as i'm aware they have no probs with bushes wearing either

just drop it mate and don't worry about the bushes. i dropped mine -40mm on springs last year and have done like 7k sinse fitting them and have no probs with the lower arm bushes. i've also lowered m4tts and evvs cars and as far as i'm aware they have no probs with bushes wearing either

i had mine replaced on MOT in jan but i tihnk they was on there why out way before that

My lower arms went within 2k of the lower springs being fitted ;(

Obviously bad timing and they were going to go soon, but the 17s and springs would have been the final straw. Consequences were two 17' tyres wearing like there was no tomorrow! Both were near brand new 8o

dcp_1130%20(2).jpg

Mine had 40k on the clock too, this happened at 42k back in late November. I'd go for new lower arms with Powerflex bushes. At least this will last and the handling will be tight :thumb: