How to on getting them fkin panels off :)

Scotteh

hey all :)

after painstakingly ripping me hands to shreds i finally got them panels off. now on the website "how to" of fitting the 6x9s on the panels it fails to mention how the hell u get em off, so thort id do my own little how to for ya :)

1 - remove carpet surrounding wheel arches (remove big rubber caps to do this)

2 - remove the simple easy to get at screws, few behind carpet on bottom lip of panel, few on top part of panel.

3 - get the right ratchet head to undo the seat belt bolt, now u have to remove top bolt and the bottom bolt under the back seat so fold it down.

4 - undo the metal clip casing that holds the back top part of the back seat to the back of the car (the long plastic handle things). now its a slightly smaller star head than the seat belt bolt. once unbolted that shud just come off from the chasis with plastic handle attached still.

5 - pull the plastic panel towards u, dont pull it down as it wont come off, bit nearest boot shud come off first. top bit by door is a bit tougher but give it enuf force and it unclips (dont worry it wont snap, unless ur a regular mr universe)

6 - feed the seat belt thru the plastic and it shud just come straight out :)

7 - repeat for other side :P

8 - follow the instructions on the "how to" on website for installing the 6x9s. im using a soldering iron as well but u cud use a little hacksaw or summit. up 2 u i guess.

9 - reattach all panels and screws praying u do it right :D (my task for 2morrow lol)

hope this helps ppl :thumb: