Subs, Amps, 6x9's and all that.......

Leeroy_Si

Right, where to begin. My mate wants to add a decent sound system to his motor, but is unsure where to start, and i'm not an expert myself, so i thought i'd ask you guys. He wants subs amps 6x9's etc..... He says his budget may stretch to about 500 notes. I've got a 12" rockford sub running from a 2 channel rockford amp, and then my sony 6x9's running from a jenson amp. I told him to do something similar, but he says he wants two subs, prefarably 10's cause he listens to mostly dance tunes. So would he be better running 2 subs off of one amp and then 6x9's of another, or just getting, a powerful 4 channel amp.

And then, what are decent brands for that kinds money! We've seen a 2 channel kenwood amp, with 2 10"subs, a twin box and wiring kit for £270, is that good value?

Any suggestions gratefully received, as he can only afford to do this once!

Cheers lads!

well id def run the subs off 1 and speakers off another, dont wanna be running em all off 1 big amp. as for makes im not to sure, im going JL but they tend to be expensive.

inifnity do some nice 6x9s but if its quality he wants hes best getting a nice set of components, 6x9s r only good for filling in mid range in the bak, but sound stage wants to be in front. if he wants to get all the kit for 500 notes then look at packages ppl like car electronics do on the sony xplod range etc, not the best but aint bad for the price :)

that kenwood deal seems like a good un, id look for deals like that :) :thumb: