Help me out here

SPITROAST

When it comes to Ice I aint got a clue, well about all the Watts etc......... I have a Pioneer CD Headunit (45W x 4) Basicly, I want a sub box for the boot, probably a double 10" or 12" ?( or single, not sure X( lol :P I am going to need an amp for that obviously yeah, and will all my other "basic" speakers be ok? or will the other stuff be too powerfull for them ?( Help me out, all I wanna know is what type of subs & Amp to go for that'l go with my headunit :thumb:

u will need a seperate amp to run the sub/subs as u sed, as for ur other speakers, depending on wot they r and wot power they need will depend on whether u run em off ur headunit. i.e if u have the a set of JL XR653CS components for example, they r 70 watts rms (constant power) so running those off the headunit isnt really an option as it cant provide any where near enuf constant power and so they will be totally wasted. if tho uve got ur standard speakers still, headunit will be fine :P

as for choice of sub, well that depends on u, im having 2 12" JL W7's in mine but without a decent set of componets etc they will be way 2 powerful lol.

guessing other peeps will recommend rockford etc cuz they got em, if theyve got em and say their good id listen to em :thumb: only reason im getting JL w7 is cuz i heard em and love em and am having a JL setup, but it aint for every1.

decide wot u wanna spend and then shop around and wait for advice to come in on here b4 u decide, but thing u shud do is listen b4 u buy! :thumb:

hope this helps (btw if im talking complete BS plz tell me :P) :D

no u dont need 2 12" subs, im just having 2 lol, just depends wot suits u. if uve still got the standard speakers then the headunit will run those no problem. but u will definitely need an amp to run the sub/subs. wot type of amp u get will depend on the sub u get :)

adding a power amp to run a sub wont effect the running of your standard speakers if anything they will sound slightly better as you can turn the base down on the head unit and let the subs do all the bass work.

but you will not be able to turn the bass up very loud as the speakers will brake up, then its on to the next upgrade speakers.