My wheels

Rob84

How do get my wheels re-furbed?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Had me car serviced today (which went ok) but the guy who did it dropped one of me wheels face down onto the workshop floor and so now 3 spokes are fairly scratched and small pitting :vangry:

so now as i think 2 other wheels have a few stone chips on them, i might go for a refurb in the summer and i'm abit stuck on ideas

cheers guys :cheers: :thumb:

Dam clicked wrong one. Anthracite instead of other.

Right my suggestion......... have the entire rim diamond cut, the whole outside of it, all the spokes etc, and then the inside of the rim have it painted in a Anthracite kinda colour, to help bring up the colour of the spokes, then have em laquored to give it mega shine and bling quality.

looks great on rims with fat chunky spokes as the light bends over em everywhere.

:thumb:

Dam clicked wrong one. Anthracite instead of other.

Right my suggestion......... have the entire rim diamond cut, the whole outside of it, all the spokes etc, and then the inside of the rim have it painted in a Anthracite kinda colour, to help bring up the colour of the spokes, then have em laquored to give it mega shine and bling quality.

looks great on rims with fat chunky spokes as the light bends over em everywhere.

i'm liking that idea Col, but i can imagine really expensive ;( :vangry: i hate being a skint apprentice :nutter:

The diamond cutting would be the most expensive part imo, but any rim refurbihemnt place could do it, plenty of decent bodyshop's should even have the equipment locked up.

You could do most of it diy a well, cept for the diamond cutting.

You spray the rest of the rim at the back first, take it to get diamond cut and then come home and laquor it yourself, and nip down to quick fit and have the tyres put back on, save yourself some cash.

i'll let you into a little secret!!!!! the new wheels in my thread were far from 'new' they were well shagged with the laquer peeling off n a scrape or 2 etc but they were cheap (ish) so i got em and then took em to be refurbed.

All repaired 1st off, painted Ford Stouing all over then machine milled the faces so they back to the silver wheel. then laquered all over, tyres fitted that i supplied (the Toyo Proxes). cost 260 quid, might sound expensive but if you see the wheels up close and the finish :drool: :drool: :drool: :thumb: