Lowering..

-JBM-

40mm you can get away with just springs. Try Puma (-40mm), from Larkspeed. £72 delivered, with good reviews from customers on this site. :thumb:

60mm really demands a full kit unless you have a vendetta against your standard shocks! :D

G-Max full kit of matched springs and shocks is recommended and good value. About £220 or cheaper if you shop around. :cheers:

EDIT: I'd go 60mm as long as you area isn't littered with speed bumps and you don't have any seriously low bodywork :thumb:

Edited by Ex-Finesse

I went down 60mm, the ride is not pleasant to say the least, but the cornering is absolutely superb - sometimes i feel im defining gravity. I used to take it down a set of national speed limit area in the middle of nowhere used to be great ride. But as the surface of the road is uneven and cracked up to shite i find it more of a challenge than a plessure trying to keep it on the road at 70+ with such bad road conditions, just seems to bounce around the road (making not nice nosies).

So 60mm, ideal for soft road/motorway/A roads etc. take it tarmac rallying is a big NO NO!!!

Looks grand tho!!! oh, and dont try and fit 5 ppl in the car once its down 60mm becuase it ends in tears. I took 4 other ppl down to southend last weekend and my car was (no lie) 1.5 inches off the floor from the side skirts. I've already destroyed my undercar neons (only had them a month (no big loss i know))

EDIT: But my car is currently using standard 15' GTi wheels!

Edited by foxdie

How long would it take for the standard dampers to wear out?? considering I drive everyday..

Very quickly I should think!

You don't need springs compressors to get -60's on standard shocks! :O

Save and get it all done at once, unless you will do it yourself, then theres no labour charges.....

EDIT: But my car is currently using standard 15' GTi wheels!

Mines currently on 14s with 55 profile. Its less than 3 inches from the ground without anyone sitting in it! :O

Only just get off my drive! As I discovered when my Dad drove the car recently X(

It came back in one piece :D :thumb: :thumb:

mines lowered 60mm and ive got poly bushes and mines mint on all roads for handling id say go for 60mm but never put ya standard wheels back on i put my 13s on last week and got the middle of the car stuck on my drive looked a right tw#t,

were bouts u from

Edited by scort19

My mates got his lowered 60mm on 17's and thats perfect but my wheel profile is 205/40/16 which is small...so will it sit to low?

will this cause a problem.. ie} gettin up garage ramps etc? ?(

I want it to be very low but cant be arsed with the hasle of the underside of the car grinding on every bit of bumpy tarmac!

bort some puma 40mm before..... havin second thoughts now!! :curse: 8o

ps. scort - have you got shocks with your setup?

:thumb: :D