Rust..... ah!

silvershaddow

Anyone else got rust appearing on the bottom of their sills? ie in the join... Cos i never thought my car'd suffer this quick!! Just behind the front wheels on the bottom of the sills. Saw it this morning and nearly screamed, aint even finished payin for it and its goin rusty! Gonna rub it down, underseal it and respray it, tis only the very bottom so you can't see it and my spraying isnt that bad :D

Anyone else got rust appearing on the bottom of their sills? ie in the join... Cos i never thought my car'd suffer this quick!! Just behind the front wheels on the bottom of the sills. Saw it this morning and nearly screamed, aint even finished payin for it and its goin rusty! Gonna rub it down, underseal it and respray it, tis only the very bottom so you can't see it and my spraying isnt that bad :D

The car should have a 6yr anti corrosion warranty so if its not 6yrs old yet you should be able to do summit about it!

Anyone else got rust appearing on the bottom of their sills? ie in the join... Cos i never thought my car'd suffer this quick!! Just behind the front wheels on the bottom of the sills. Saw it this morning and nearly screamed, aint even finished payin for it and its goin rusty! Gonna rub it down, underseal it and respray it, tis only the very bottom so you can't see it and my spraying isnt that bad  :D

The car should have a 6yr anti corrosion warranty so if its not 6yrs old yet you should be able to do summit about it!

Is that with ford? caus i had rust in same place and paid bodyshop to sort it, and now got some on rear arch as wel, tis a v reg.

Is that with ford? caus i had rust in same place and paid bodyshop to sort it, and now got some on rear arch as wel, tis a v reg.

Fcuk! V-reg and rust on your arches! 8o

I clean my arches spotless so there is no muck which holds condensation. :thumb:

Really need to keep them dry with rivets going through the lip too! :(

Arch lips will be gone soon anyway X( :)

Just read the warranty stuff and it says

"In addition to the normal warranty, the bodyshellf of your ford is covered against rust-through from the inside for 6 years"

guess mine dont count then caus its on the outside, whats the best way to treat it to stop it gettin any worse?

Ive started giving the arch lips a proper clean lately after i found the entire lip was full of dirt, took me fcuking ages to scrub it all out.

Ive started giving the arch lips a proper clean lately after i found the entire lip was full of dirt, took me fcuking ages to scrub it all out.

Indeed it takes a while, but that's cos it ain't been done since new! X(

Do it every week (with a crap sponge) and it'll stay shiney :D

"In addition to the normal warranty, the bodyshellf of your ford is covered against rust-through from the inside for 6 years"

What Ford mean is that it's an anti-perforation warranty.

That means that a rust hole should never appear in the middle of a panel with no warning.

Rusting at joins &welds etc is rarely covered for more than about 3 yrs (but this varies from manufacturer to manufacturer) although you can usually push it a bit if u make a fuss to the company's customer care department (or whatever it's called)

It's always worth going to a Ford bodyshop and asking for it to be assesed for warranty purposes tho :thumb: :thumb:

Best solution for stopping the rust appearing at the tops of your arches is to take all the trim off the inside, and get to the tops of the arch. There's a double lip at the top, if you're extremely careful... you can pour corrosion inhibitor down it to hold it back a bit. Not sure how long it'll work but mines done that way.

Matt.

• 1 month later...
8o Haven't looked there but I will. I've got tinworm in 2 places that I do know of: Top of OSR wheelarch (what we used to call edge & fold rust at VW) and NSR floor of boot where the water from my mysterious leak ends up :(

I'll look where u said tho :thumb:

if you have a mysterious leak, which involves the boot getting flooded, or the spare wheel well, then as i found out on my mates mondeo, it was the seals for one of the rear light units ?( :)