3 quick questions

DJC

1. Is it very hard to change a door? its the passenger one, got c/l but no e/w.

2. Where the chassis no is on the floor by the drivers seat I have a hole rusted through abount 1 inch long by1/2 inch wide. Is this part of the sill? and would it fail an mot for it?

3. After my car was broken into (popped lock from passenger side, hence Q1) the light for my clock and the interior courtesy light doesn't work. It's not the bulbs or the fuse? There is power going to the clock as it still has the display and red light for the alarm.

Cheers.

Only a girlie so dont take it as gospel.... but i think....

1) East if u hav a torx socket... undo 2 bolts and the wires and it'll lift off! but try and get ready built door from scrappy as they're a b*stard to build!!

2) Not the sill but still a chance of failing MOT... you need to cover with a 2" plate and mastik ovr it so it cant be seen from underneath. best to ask a MOT examiner as they wont charge 4 advice.

3) Electics can be a ball ache, generally trial and error.... or again, ask a pro!!! lol.

Hope this helps poppet......

Caz. :devil:

Had to change the door on my mk5, just make sure you have a mate with ya as they are a fcuker to lift on, also have a can of magic spray (wd40) ready. If your radio is workin then the fuse to the clock hasnt blown as they run off the same fuse. You might as well get a second hand clock when your gettin your door. Aint so sure bout the courtesy light, mine plays up all the time. Oh well 'another' 'little' problem to fix.

The hole in the floor will fail the MOT. It also happened to me. As caz said, get a plate welded on and then sealed. Shouldnt cost too much. Motorama charged me about £25 i think.

Hope that helps mate. :cheers: