Couple o things

RickH

Righty ho, firstly, going over bumps/speed bumps etc, my car creaks like f**k, like the suspension is nackered, any ideas ?

Also, the B*stard squeaks when turning a bit, from the front, possibly the universal joints ?

Could these problems be linked, any ideas ?

Righty ho, firstly, going over bumps/speed bumps etc, my car creaks like f**k, like the suspension is nackered, any ideas ?

Also, the B*stard squeaks when turning a bit, from the front, possibly the universal joints ?

Could these problems be linked, any ideas ?

change the bottom arms, that will cure anything from creaks and squeaks to gonhorrea, if the cv joints are going they will click rather than squeak, change the arms and see what its like :thumb:

Bottom arms - lower arms, Wishbones. Cost about £17 at most motorfactors, and you need a new captive bolt which is about £1

I managed to do it myself but with minimal tools its handy to have a made and a large hammer to persuade the old one off.

Theres two bolts on thesubframe u need to undo its a tight fit, you need an 18mm spanner on the top, 15 mm socket (probably on a breaker bar or a ratchet extension to undo the bolts.

once they are of you should be able to feel the whole suspension/hub asembly move slightly when u pull on it, There is another bolt, 15mm (maybe 17mm) thats holds the arm onlt the hub, undo this nut and knock the bolt thru with a largehammer and discard it. Now its a case of just forcing the balljoint out of the hub, I wouldnt be scared about using a bit of force with a hammer at this point or a large bar etc.

Fitting is the reverse, takes me 20 mins to do, but then again ive done about 15 of them lol.