6X9's

celsis

got two questions for you, guys.

1. I'm driving the standard door speakers and a pair of 6X9's from my head unit. I've adjusted the balance so i can hear the rears, but it's really cut the sound down. Do i need an amp?

2. Does anyone know where I can get pods that will sit in the boot, up against the wheel arches to cope with the 6X9's?

Cheers!

normaly i'd take the pi££ caz of you having 6x9's but i'm in a good mood,

idealy i'd say binm them and putin a little sub. but if you have to keep them, for some reason, best/common way is to mount them in the parcel shelf as near the back of the seats as poss, even better is to make a 12mm mdf parcel shelf and cover it, what i've done with out the 6x9's

the less the shelf vibrates the louder the speakers,

as for the amp, yes you need one as head units arn't very powerfull, but you'd notice a differance by moving them..........

p.s why do you want the speakers in the boot????

normaly i'd take the pi££ caz of you having 6x9's but i'm in a good mood,

idealy i'd say binm them and putin a little sub. but if you have to keep them, for some reason, best/common way is to mount them in the parcel shelf as near the back of the seats as poss, even better is to make a 12mm mdf parcel shelf and cover it,  what i've done with out the 6x9's

the less the shelf vibrates the louder the speakers,

as for the amp, yes you need one as head units arn't very powerfull, but you'd notice a differance by moving them..........

p.s why do you want the speakers in the boot????

Just thought that if they were in a housing in the boot, I could get a new parcel shelf and nobody would know they were there! :D

tbh i like having 6x9s, provides that extra umph in the rear without heavy bass, thats the subs job :P cuz if u just got a sub the music can get drowned out. ive dont wot a few ppl have done and installed them in place of the old original speakers

Yeah, I'm the same. I like the way they handle the bass, but as I'm not listening to D&B, I reckon I don't need a sub. My music tends to be more Zeppelin than Waterman.....

:innocent: :pancake:

This discussion over whether or not 6x9's are worthwhile or not is ongoing.

Iv got a 15" and had a set of 6x9's in a custom MDF shelf that i fitted the day i bought the car, the sub came later.

It sounded alright, but recently i took the 6x9's out and i think it was the wrong decision, people always say they are pointless with a sub because they will either get blown, or just be drowned out. However since they've been out, my friends and i have all noticed, basically, how much shitter it sounds without them in the rear, theres no rear fill at all...

So i would stick with your 6x9's even if you have a sub, aslong as you dont blow them :)