My new clio 182

Longy

mate you need to cane a new car to loosen it up. my mate thrashed his focus from new it was only a 1.8 115bhp one and kept changing the oil more often and that turned out to be noticeble quicker than others with the same lump. it must me under warrenty for 3 years ???????

If you had just spent C£13k on a car would you thrashh it straight away ?(

Best to run it in how the manufacturer recomends.

Looks nice mate :thumb: I thought you were getting black?

gorgeous car!! had my heart set on one, as most ppl on here know, but the price was a bit hard to stomach for me ;( For me, they're almost the perfect car, handle like its on rails, really quick and has plenty of equipment like the leather, cruise and speed limiter :thumb:

and top speed wise, in my mates 172 special edition, we saw an indicated 146mph with 4 ppl in the car :rolleyes:

mate you need to cane a new car to loosen it up. my mate thrashed his focus from new it was only a 1.8 115bhp one and kept changing the oil more often and that turned out to be noticeble quicker than others with the same lump. it must me under warrenty for 3 years ???????

the car has A 3 year or 60k mile warranty, but if the car has been thrashed renault will know, cant tell u how but we have had a 172 cup come in and it was thrashed to the extebt that a new engine was required, due to this fact the warranty was void

I have a brand new Honda every 9K.There really isn't a need to 'run them in' anymore.Engineering tolerances are superior nowdays,just take it easy in the first few days just to make sure all the mechanical parts are operating as they should with no strange noises etc, then if ok you can use it as you wish.There is some truth that using a new car 'hard' from new does seem to free it up quicker, as i notice my economy settle quicker by driving a new car harder.Al.

the car has A 3 year or 60k mile warranty, but if the car has been thrashed renault will know, cant tell u how but we have had a 172 cup come in and it was thrashed to the extebt that a new engine was required, due to this fact the warranty was void

How can that void the warrenty. There is no law to say dont use your car on track days or even drive it hard on the roads ?(

There is some truth that using a new car 'hard' from new does seem to free it up quicker, as i notice my economy settle quicker by driving a new car harder.Al.

That may be true on new cars but if you compare a gently run in 60k mile car with an abused 60k mile car (at the end of your three years warrenty) which will be better and easier to sell? :innocent:

Also Im sure it was the civic type r forum i was reading that those 'run in' didnt use oil but those driven hard from new did :D

Also Im sure it was the civic type r forum i was reading that those 'run in' didnt use oil but those driven hard from new did .

Nah mate, you may have read it but that's rubbish.There's a difference between driven hard and abused, ie lots of wheel spinning etc.