immobiliser problems

rater

hi guys, real problem here! my immobiliser seems to intermittently wanna turn on and disarm and won't always disarm when i unlock the car. sometimes i standf there for ages trying and it won't, when all of a sudden it will switch off ok. the weird thing i that today the light didnt come on so i thoight the immobiliser was still active but there was no ticking from the fusebox. i tried running the car and it ran fine for ten minutes without cutting out so the immobiliser didn't seem to be active even though its light was on. any thoughts? has this happened to you before and if so whats the best solution? dont wanna pay form 60 quid or so for a testing fee! also, if wort comes to worst, can i disable the mk6 immobiliser totally?

well that doesnt sound too bad. any chance of a short term solution though/ the car is pretty much undrivable at the moment cos u never know if its gonna disarm or not lol. even if i just lock it without double locking it, the immobiliser seems to automatically turn itself on after a certain amount of time. can i disable the immobiliser completely until i get it sorted, so that the car can at least be used in the mean time?

right, just looked through the haynes manual and its no help at all lol. supposed to be getting my exhaust fitted tomorrow 70 mile away and i don't wanna get halfway there and have the car cut out on me :O what should the immobiliser do, prevent starting of the car at all, or shut off the fuel after a certain time? had it running ok for about half hour earlier with no problems, even though the red light was still on :S just don't wanna assume its drivable and then run into problems