Back-firing and Mis-firing...

F1R3B4LL

Hi guys/gals/transgenders/aliens

My car has developed a huge backfire problem, that mainly occurs when pulling away from junctions. The car just lunges forwards (dies) then a "bang!" from what sounds like the CFi unit, and the car lurches forwards (accelerates). When revving too, you can hear a slight misfire that seems to disapear over 3k. It also has a habit of just cutting out when dipping the clutch, which is most annoying when in traffic!

So far, i have changed....

CFi unit (Throttle Body/Carb type thing)

MAP Sensor

TPS (Throttle Position Sensor)

ICS (Idle Conrol Solenoid)

IAT (Inlet Air Temperature)

Spark Plugs

HT Leads

Ignition Coil

Breathers cleaned.

Nothings helped! Any ideas? The power seems to be there (well, the little power it has for 69bhp), fuel consumption seems the same (Very Poor, but its a 1.4)... I'm confused.... ?(

Hi guys/gals/transgenders/aliens

My car has developed a huge backfire problem, that mainly occurs when pulling away from junctions. The car just lunges forwards (dies) then a "bang!" from what sounds like the CFi unit, and the car lurches forwards (accelerates). When revving too, you can hear a slight misfire that seems to disapear over 3k. It also has a habit of just cutting out when dipping the clutch, which is most annoying when in traffic!

So far, i have changed....

CFi unit (Throttle Body/Carb type thing)

MAP Sensor

TPS (Throttle Position Sensor)

ICS (Idle Conrol Solenoid)

IAT (Inlet Air Temperature)

Spark Plugs

HT Leads

Ignition Coil

Breathers cleaned.

Nothings helped! Any ideas? The power seems to be there (well, the little power it has for 69bhp), fuel consumption seems the same (Very Poor, but its a 1.4)... I'm confused....  ?(

I had the same problem. Took it to ford and they said that water had got in somewhere because it had been steam cleaned by the previous owner. Anyway, the guy at ford took out my leads and shot in a high air pressure gun, all this brown crap came out (we are talking loads) ....... and now it runs fine! :)

Hope that helps :thumb: