Problem with Sub.

Muzz

For some reason the other day my sub decided to die. The power is going to the amp fine, and the sub isn't blown. I have tried turning the sub up at the amp but no luck. The sub is playing but it is so quiet that you have to put your head next to the box to hear it. There is no setting on my head unit to turn it up/down so i haven't knocked any buttons. Someone suggested it might be a bad earth, every now and again it kicks in but only for a few seconds, if i remember rightly i earthed it on the same earth as my rear lights X( .

Any ideas?

For some reason the other day my sub decided to die. The power is going to the amp fine, and the sub isn't blown. I have tried turning the sub up at the amp but no luck. The sub is playing but it is so quiet that you have to put your head next to the box to hear it. There is no setting on my head unit to turn it up/down so i haven't knocked any buttons. Someone suggested it might be a bad earth, every now and again it kicks in but only for a few seconds, if i remember rightly i earthed it on the same earth as my rear lights  X( .

Any ideas?

Check the live feed too as i had corrosion around my fuse that had the same effect

Check all wiring.

Earth, Live, Speaker cable, check the connections at each end of the sub wire, and throughout the whole length to make sure it has no abrasions.

Failing that, i imagine the coil may be fucked and you have infact blown the sub, a sub doesnt have to just stop working for it to be blown :)