How do i increase my low rev power

Timmy C

Ive noticed that my si has less pulling power below 3k RPM than my TDi had. I presume its because it has less tourque.

Are their any particularly good mods for significantly increasing low rev power and the pick up on revs because i miss the kick in first gear that my diesel used to give.

Ive noticed that my si has less pulling power below 3k RPM than my TDi had. I presume its because it has less tourque.

Are their any particularly good mods for significantly increasing low rev power and the pick up on revs because i miss the kick in first gear that my diesel used to give.

25 shot of nitrous :thumb:

You're not meant to use nitrous unless you've got the throttle wide open.

It's also a bad idea to use it when you're low down in the rev range - Si's opinion was only after 3.5k revs :thumb:

To be honest Tim, the zetec is a 16v motor, and they're fundamental flaw is low down torque. It's an engine which works better when it's revving.

I wouldn't be flat out in 1st below 3k revs...... If I wanted to accelerate quickly in 1st, I'd have the clutch half dis-engaged and rev the engine to more like 5k rpm! :cheers:

its a good question, there must be something that'll improve it,

or did Gran Turismo lie to me about easy upgrades for cars :(

How about a small turbo will that kick in straight away. Im not really that bothered about max bhp to tell you the truth.

I wouldnt beable to do a turbo for ages tho. far too expensive, unless i could use a small trubo with my current pistons and compression??

if you used a de-comp plate, u'd be able to run a bit more boost and make the turbo more worth while..... or you could spunk £400 ish on some forgies and crank it up some more. crank and rods are good for it. then get your self a RST manifold and turbo and aftermarket management and ur away. give or take a fuew bits obviously. your still looking at around £2k minimum for a good job ;(