new focus/fiesta 2.0

steve_sport_scort

Have'nt heard any prices for a conversion yet but I know the ecu's/looms are incompatable. You'd need custom made engine mounts, exhaust manifold etc. But the biggest problem I'd say would be the gearbox. The Duratec was designed by mazda and the gearbox bolt pattern doesnt match anything built by ford, unlike any engine/gearbox combo up til now. X(

Have'nt heard any prices for a conversion yet but I know the ecu's/looms are incompatable. You'd need custom made engine mounts, exhaust manifold etc. But the biggest problem I'd say would be the gearbox. The Duratec was designed by mazda and the gearbox bolt pattern doesnt match anything built by ford, unlike any engine/gearbox combo up til now. X(

yeah thats what i thought, cos its the same prob as with the st170,

so what engines could you fit, could you drop a vauxhall engine in or something similar.

2.0 mondey engines arent that much extra power really, but id image theres a lot more torque there. Someone i know had a conversion in his 1.6, and the car now belongs to rennie on this website. When it was RR tested it got 126bhp, when mines was i got 129bhp when i had a few engines mods on my Si.

Thats probably because it still has 1.6 equipment, but does it get much more expensive to get the full power out of the 2.0l zetec engine?? if it is it might not be worth it.

On a side note ive been in a test drive for the ST150 and they are very nice cars.