Brakes Upgrade....

basskiddanny

Well im starting to hear noises from the front brakes which sounds like metal on metal, but only hear it when i put my foot right down.

I'm guessing i need either new pads, or both pads and discs? So i was thinking why not upgrade them while i'm at it.

Then i went over to puma speed and they have a conversion there....but it costs £300, now i appreciate these are 300mm monsters, but i cant afford that really, and dont think its neccessary for my little 1.8 Si.

So can anybody recommend a setup to me that would be suitable? I need something that goes straight on and a garage would have no trouble fitting. Maybe something standard ford? either Mondeo V6 brakes or RS2k maybe? Which would be suitable and go straight on?

I just want to go out, buy the setup brand new and have it fitted, no messing around scouring the scrap yards. Also most garages told me they will only fit new components.....

Cheers for reading!

RS2k brakes will go straight on if you use the RS2k calipers, or if you fancy just a little fiddle yourself the ST170 conversion can be had for around the £200 mark and you can follow the 'How-To' on this site, Mondeo brakes im unsure of so dont quote me but i think there more work than the ST's :thumb: