7 inch tft screen

estateboy

hiya jus receive my new 7 inch head unit screen in the post

only its alot of meesing about to get it underneath my stereo.

ive cut out the small peace of plactic between the head unit and the tape holder any idea's what i can use to fill the gap

between them

photo to Come soon

thx

• 2 weeks later...
hi, i also have a 7" tft and was contemplating cutting out that piece of plastic and placing it there (what is the fit like)? could use fibreglass to fill the surround maybe? another idea ive had is to cut out where the heater controls and vents are and place it in there. is a great fit but where would i relocate the vents and controls to? any ideas people lol?

Its pretty simple to do just needs fibreglassing and fillering to fill the gaps, ive just blocked off that heater and just use the side ones doesnt make much difference! If u do move the heater controls it is not very practical but looks good!

Ive just moved the fan switch to the bit of dash under the steering colum and just have the cable controlling heat lying there and has to be adjusted under the dash!

thats cool, so its just a matter of moving the control and the wire. did you have to do anything wire wise when you got rid of the vents? or do the vents come out and that is it? have you found have the screen protruding up the top brings any unwanted attention? reason i wanted to lower it was to give more of an oem look which i could conceel if need be.