Noisy + Shakey starts

Muppje

when i start my car in the mornings it lets off a big shudder when turnin over, then sounds like a noisy diesel :( i know the tappets need changing but any other ideas wot it would be? quietens down a lot once its warmed up, i asked Ford when i was gettin sommit else done there, and they reckon its just the oil drained from the tappets, so its just until the engine recirculates it through. Its been 5k since its last service, reckon its worth doin an oil change/filter change?

also, just feels ropey in general, like throttle pedal is all.... X( its not nice and smooth when pressing it down, feels really scratchy/ropey woteva.

and every now and then (couple of weeks) the revs will stick :O like when u put the clutch down, it will stick at 2k revs or woteva for a good while....then after 2-3 seconds go down. what would that be?

just feel so depresed with wot seems like a knackered engine, havnt even finished payin for the car yet :( wanna get it all sorted so its nice and smooth tho...

What's it's mileage? Has it had a cambelt?

The rattly noise could be that the cambelt variator/tensioner has worn and needs replacing.

If the cambelt has been done, was the tensioner, etc replaced as well?

The throttle problem could be the Throttle Position Sensor. Try replacing that.

check the oil level. keep it topped up to max mark! or change it and change the filter. mine used 2 stick at 2000rpm but that somehow sorted itself out! after just driving it alot.. but could be a idle speed control valve fault. if the cambelt is to be changed make sure all the tensioners/pullys/idlers are all changed 2..

its on 82,000 miles at the moment, i bought it in february on 77,000. but bein in a pizza job at the time, ive racked up the miles in short journeys hence wonderin if it was time for an oil change etc. i dont know when the cambelt or anything were done, deffo something to look into.

other people have suggested the throttle sensor aswell. *sigh* more and more repair bills....paid £300 ish out in the past 3-4 weeks :/ new brake light switch, £200 on its own to sort out the instrument panel lights and the indicators :curse: ...oh and sorting out a mirror which some Cnut kicked off the door. new tyres. and car tax which dont count as repairs but all adds up.

cheers guys

cost me £15 :P it was only the clip on the inside that was broken, tiny bit of plastic broken off :( i was quoted £40 for a pre-primed entire mirror, then obviously price of gettin it colour-coded wud b about £30-40....could not buy the clip from anywhere. in the end my dad took me to the breakers and just bought a 2nd hand black mirror, stripped it just for the clip....what a joke.