Possible Battery/Alarm Problem

Terry

i got up this morning to find my car dosent want to let me in :( i press the immoberliser button and nothing happens. The alarms light is off but i saw it flashing rapidly last night, it normally just stays on.

Nothing electrical works, as i cant deactivate the alarm when i get into the car it just make a humming noise and the actualy alarm dosent go off like it normally would.

the only thing i can think of it that in the heavy rain on friday some water has soaked the alarm when driving throught the flooded roads.

I havent got the alarm book so i dont no whats wrong with it. The clock is still working so there must be a little enegy left in the battery.

my alarm make is cobra? does anyone have one the same make ? i also have a little button on the dash( looks like a panic button or sumthing), i dont want to press it incase i keep setting the alarm off and cant turn it off.

I know its a long shot but can anyone tell me what could be wrong?

Please :thumb:

Now this is a long shot but a simular thing happened to one of my cars and it might be worth checking...

Check the earth from your battery. As i say its a long shot, but if the earth from the battery to the body work is poor you will experince the problems that you have... make sure the connections are clean from rush ect and the cable is not damaged....

don't know if this will help but worth a try....

:thumb: :thumb:

Now this is a long shot but a simular thing happened to one of my cars and it might be worth checking...

Check the earth from your battery. As i say its a long shot, but if the earth from the battery to the body work is poor you will experince the problems that you have... make sure the connections are clean from rush ect and the cable is not damaged....

don't know if this will help but worth a try....

:thumb:  :thumb:

Thanks for the post, im going to check first thing in the morning!!