Went to Silverstone over the weekend

theresa

We stayed in Silverstone over the weekend for the F1.

On the Sunday night when we came back to the campsite, this was outside the campsite entrance........

P7100065.jpg

P7100063.jpg

P7100064.jpg

As it was a narrow lane, there were a lot of cars having to stop to give way to other cars, due to the people walking along the road.

I think this driver must have gone on what looked like an innocent looking grass verge, to avoid an oncoming car, but under the grass was a 2 foot ditch.

I think the driver may have booted the door in frustration, as, where the dent is on the drivers door, there was a footprint, so must have kicked it shut.

Thought I'd share that with you all :D

Had a brilliant time in Silverstone as well :D

We stayed in the SRC campsite.

If you stood outside the pub in the village (White Horse I think?) and looked across at the road opposite and followed it down about half a mile, it was on the right hand side.

We were about half an hour's walk from the entrance to the track.

Not sure what entrance it was, all I know is that if we followed it, we came up to Gate 3 opposite the back of the Woodcote stands.

It was the first time we had been to Silverstone for an F1 race and the first time we had camped there.

What's Litchlake like? How far is that and what part of the circuit does it take you near?

Sorry for all the questions, but if we go again next year, which is 90% likely at the moment, it would be nice to know about other campsites in the area.

The SRC one that we stayed in, was the only one I could find when I was looking, earlier in the year.

Cheers. :D

280c1aff.jpg

The arrow is where it is :)

Basically its across the road from the old main entrance. so it takes 5 mins to get in. We get there for about 5pm on thursday night and then you get to go in the first field closest to the road and next to the old Jordan factory road. Also has the funfair next to it so will be noisey till about 11:30

I wont go to the grand prix again unless they let you into the centre again as my favourite viewing spot is on the inside of vale at the bottom of the circuit. Its a long walk so not so many people as well :(

I know where you mean now, looks like you were a bit closer than us.

We were in Luffield B, so had a good viewing position.

We went into the centre afterwards, as my brother wanted to see Jules Holland.

We had a great weekend there, although weather was too hot for my liking.

280c1aff.jpg

The arrow is where it is :)

I wont go to the grand prix again unless they let you into the centre again as my favourite viewing spot is on the inside of vale at the bottom of the circuit.  Its a long walk so not so many people as well :(

I think the restrictions were due to the increased security - hopefully things will be back to normal next year!

Penny :(