Central locking - fitting A/M Kit

loggyboy

Ive just picked up a remote kit off ebay.

its quite a comprehensive system (allows for electric and pheumatic systems, 12+ or negative etc etc.)

its wiring diagrams are less comprehensive, mainly due to the fact its a universal kit, there are several and it depends on what system its being fitted to.

Has any1 got any ideas what central locking system will be fitted to my mk5 phase 2 18 16v SI?

or has any1 done the conversion or gat any ideas on which wires will need to tapped into and wheres best to reach them.

thanks in advance.

I recently did this on mine mate, if you let me know what the kit is i may be able to help you. I had the same thing, the diagrams were awful and it took me about 4 hours in total, most of that spent working out how to use the locking kit.

Once i sorted that though it was fairly straightforward.

Ive just picked up a remote kit off ebay.

its quite a comprehensive system (allows for electric and pheumatic systems, 12+ or negative etc etc.)

its wiring diagrams are less comprehensive, mainly due to the fact its a universal kit, there are several and it depends on what system its being fitted to.

Has any1 got any ideas what central locking system will be fitted to my mk5 phase 2 18 16v SI?

or has any1 done the conversion or gat any ideas on which wires will need to tapped into and wheres best to reach them.

thanks in advance.

when i had my temp central locking kit installed, i found it easier to wire it straight into the passenger door, now i have my clifford in, its wired within the car.

the ford system works by providing a + pulse that then locks or unlocks the doors, depending what wire it is on.