Ford central locking..

ryanrs

Me mate has a doner 3-Dr MK6 Si (1996) with the leckie mirrors, flash interior light and remote central locking as std..

How hard and what exactly would i have to do , to pull out the remote central locking from the Si, and stick it in my 3-dr 1997 GTi ?

??

Also, underneith the gear gater, is some kind of big relay box... its not in my 97'GTi.. is it the remote locking control box or somethin? -i no its not a 1 touch window relay conversion, as its a factory fitted part, and the windows function as a std one would.

to make life easier you would have to get all the motors / relays / wireing and probably the locks then just tranfer them into your car the same as they are in the doner car

shouldnt be too difficult if you take your time with it

if its fords remote locking using the infra red key fob,

you'll need to life the remote locking relay box, and the wire connecting the fuse box to the interior light locking sensor (if thats what it works on)

thats the set up i use,

the only relay i can think of near the gear gator is the window one touch open,

iv got a 98 gti, and it didnt have one touch windows, no gti's did,

so that'll be what it is,

it won't be a remote locking box i dont think,

and i'd be surprised if its ford remote locking as standard, i fitted it into mine,

if the interior lights got the lil black plastic dome at the front and the remote locking key then it is,

in which case its a dead easy change :thumb:

mine works off my alarm. not sure about the for standard system. just get the inner door looms, and the locck/motor unit that goes in the door, and put them in, the fronts should work no problem.

get the back lock/motor unit and put them in with the rear door loom and run some wires from the loom at the b pillar to the front of the car and connect to the front cl setup.

worked for me ;)