RS turbo short engine

twinkle

im selling RS turbo bottom end, as im going ZVH,

its on 61k miles, was overhauled 3.5k miles ago, with new bearings, rings, oil pump, water pump, new pully.

its running mahle low comp pistons.

now the bad bit, it crack 2 pistons, the bores are fine, so just need 2 new pistons to have a sweet rs turbo bottom end.

im after £50. collect only, and its out the car ready for collection.

You know how much another 2 new pistons are likely to cost mate?

And is there any reciepts for the work carried out?

i got a quote for 2 new pistons to be machined to match at £100 each from pj motorsport

and i have got some of the reciepts for the re-build, like pistons, rings,, cant find the oil pump or water pump ones, but looking at them they are new like i was told.

i got a quote for 2 new pistons to be machined to match at £100 each from pj motorsport

and i have got some of the reciepts for the re-build, like pistons, rings,, cant find the oil pump or water pump ones, but looking at them they are new like i was told.

And you are certain that there is no other damage? How did the pistons get cracked in the first place? :cheers:

And you are certain that there is no other damage? How did the pistons get cracked in the first place? :cheers:

there is no other damage that i can see mate, i have measure the bore and there all still fine, no ovalness or nout, the crank is fine, it cracked the piston due to running a standard intercooler on to higher boost. you can see from the pistons, it was running spot on, it has not deternated or running rich etc. i even had my ralley machanic look at them and he said the same they have cracked due to either heat or duff piston.

i see you live in hampshire mate, your welcome to come have a nose if you want :thumb:

Another RST owner running too higher Boost. Don’t tell me:

"18psi on cossie management, 180 bee h pee"

I laugh at how many RST owners have said that to me... lol, my normal reply is:

"yeah, but for how long?"

Infact i had some bloke who reckoned he was owning M3's and scoobies in RST with cossie management... 180 BEEE--'H'--PEEEE. Shaun almost died laughing. I struggled to keep a straight face, especially as he was accompanied by a Bull mastiff, crooked baseball hat and friend who was fixated and contempt splitting/dribbling on the mouse corpse found road-killed in the middle of the street...

Im done hijacking this thread…. Free bump for ya ;)

Another RST owner running too higher Boost. Don’t tell me:

"18psi on cossie management, 180 bee h pee"

I laugh at how many RST owners have said that to me... lol, my normal reply is:

"yeah, but for how long?"

Infact i had some bloke who reckoned he was owning M3's and scoobies in RST with cossie management... 180 BEEE--'H'--PEEEE. Shaun almost died laughing. I struggled to keep a straight face, especially as he was accompanied by a Bull mastiff, crooked baseball hat and friend who was fixated and contempt splitting/dribbling on the mouse corpse found road-killed in the middle of the street...

Im done hijacking this thread…. Free bump for ya ;)

cheers for the bump :cheers: and i didn`t crack the piston , the guy before did, he was running 14psi on a standard intercooler, Tit. but IC side is now taken care of,