spraypainting tools.

reid

i managed to ge a 50l compressor today on the cheap, it belonged to a guy who emigrated and lefy his dad to sell all his stuff lol.

im a firm believer in self teaching, i think its one of the best ways to learn so im gonna have a look around for some "how to's" etc on spraying and then give it a go with some old panels ive got kicking around. i guess theres only so many dozen times i can do it wrong until i get it right :)

unfortunately he sold the guns and all his other stuff to some1 else so its only the compressor and an air line i got, but does any1 know what guns etc i should be looking for to get started?

any help would be much appreciated. :thumb:

you'll find a few guns on e bay, for about 15 20 quid, right up to 140 quid but tbh 30 is enought for a average gun, gravity / suction fed doesn't really make a differance, i have a suction fed one,

the hardest bit is setting up the FAN it's the spray pattern, once thats set it's easy ! (lots of light coats! you should be able to do 2 passes of one area with no runs to be safe)

you'll find a few guns on e bay, for about 15 20 quid, right up to 140 quid but tbh 30 is enought for a average gun, gravity / suction fed doesn't really make a differance, i have a suction fed one,

the hardest bit is setting up the FAN it's the spray pattern, once thats set it's easy ! (lots of light coats! you should be able to do 2 passes of one area with no runs to be safe)

As you have a small compressor i would use something like a HVLP gravity feed spray gun these can cope with very low air pressure..Its no good for doing a complete repaint of a car, but is fantastic at doing panel by panel....ive got some photos of items ive done with these guns if your interested...link below

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HVLP-GRAVITY-FEED-SP...1QQcmdZViewItem

Kev