Cuts oot when cold

Sheen

Alrighty,

When I start the car for the first time of the day, I drive it about 500 yards the when i stop at a junction it cuts out.

I start it back up and its fine, I will never cutt out the rest of the day dosent matter if I park the car and leave it 8 hours, it only does it the first time its started each day

Any ideas chaps??

:nutter:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have a bit of info on the old bad idle from cold front !

Basically it is down to the rubbish design of the crankcase ventilation system, there is a small PCV valve in the oil seperator part No. 6442259 £2.42 ! this valve has an annoying habit of jamming open when its very cold, letting far to much crankcase gas into the inlet manifold, this has two effects, first it coats the idle control valve in black sludge deposits, jamming it up. this is 50% of the problem, secondly, the excess crankcase gas leans off the mixture so much at idle the ECU goes bonkers, this either causes a stall or the revs shoot up to 2000 rpm and stay there! mmm nice ! I have cleaned out the idle valve and inlet manifold, changed the PCV valve, and shes been an angel the past 15k miles, hope this helps. jinxy.

Alrighty,

When I start the car for the first time of the day, I drive it about 500 yards the when i stop at a junction it cuts out.

I start it back up and its fine, I will never cutt out the rest of the day dosent matter if I park the car and leave it 8 hours, it only does it the first time its started each day

Any ideas chaps??

:nutter:

i got the same kinda problem but was told its cos of the induction filter and lack of air while stationary