Burton Powers Coilover Conversion Kit

st4

What does everyone think of these? Ive been wondering about buying them for months but don't quite know yet...

Is it just a poor mans coilover or would it actually be any good (considering they have been welded onto the right place on the strut)?

Also what spring length would I need to use as they have from 7" long to 14" long. Im guessing the 7" one would make your car extremely low, especially when you adjust it aswell.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :cheers:

thats the thing though...prices! I can no-where near afford 650 quid that they want for coil overs for my scort so for the price equivalent I could do with these really.

The two main benefits of these over uprated shocks and springs is:

a) the price

and

b) I would be able to set the height of my car to what I want

I'm not really bothered about performance at the moment as I'm not going to be throwing my car round corners when it's finished anyway because if I did end up crashing then I would have no money to fix it :rolleyes:

I probably will end up buying this kit but I'm not sure what spring size to go for, ?( they're all 2.25" wide but what length spring will I need? I will be having either 16" or 17" alloys, spaced out about 25mm to meet the cossie arches, so any ideas?

I dont want it bottoming out and the wheels hitting the fibreglass arches. :nutter:

a) the price

Dont forget you will need someone to weld them on precisely, it's not the most ideal component that you want someone to make a bodge of.

b) I would be able to set the height of my car to what I want

The only problem with that is the dampers and the springs wont be matched, so you may end up with a bumpy, crashy ride, or a very wollowy one, possibly even a combination of all three.

I probably will end up buying this kit but I'm not sure what spring size to go for, ?( they're all 2.25" wide but what length spring will I need?

A bit of an unknown as it will depend on the ride height and also the need to factor in helper springs if needed. Someone may have the info and if anyone, Burton Power should be able to help.

Personally I would go for coilovers, plenty of choices out there suiting various budgets. Minimum I would go for is a matched shortened damper and spring combo, if you need to go lower, cheap coilovers. More often than not they are cheap for a reason but on the whole should offer a better ride quality.

Secondhand coilovers maybe?