fitting my alarm

danelliott

lo all, i bought a standard alarm system from ebay and i am trying to fit it. yesterday i wired it up as per the instructions (so i thought)working late and mainly by lead light in the dark. problem is once i had installed it as i thought its supposed to be installed the led worked as its supposed to while configuring th alarm but when i tried the central locking the fuse blem. i have followed the instruction manual (although im no sparky) and now i need to check with you if this is right and theres a fault or if i have bolloxed it up.

my car is a 1.8i mk5 93 xr3i

manual says:

BROWN wire to O/E vehicle earth.

RED wire to a permanant 12 volt supply (with inline 15a fuse).

GREEN wires to boot and bonnet pin switches, provided they are switched earth. only.

GREEN/BROWN wire to existing drivers door pin switch, provided that it is switched earth only.

GREEN/BLUE wire is the anti-hijack command, connect this wir to the drivers door pin switch, provided that it is switched earth only.

ORANGE wires to the left and right hand vehicle indicators.

YELLOW wire to an ignition switched live that remains live even when the vehicle is being cranked.

RED/BROWN, RED/GREY, RED/BLUE, YELLOW/BROWN, YELLOW/GREY and YELLOW/BLUE wires are to be used for the central door locking command, follow the instructions included in the vehicles technical installation guide. (RED/BLUE and YELLOW/BLUE wires have inline 10a fuses)

GREEN/RED wire to vehicle speed sense pulse wire

OK HERES WHAT I HAVE DONE......

BROWN wire is connected to an earth i found in the passenger footwell.

RED wire is run straight to the battery

GREEN wires are only connected to boot pin switch at the moment as i hiave no bonnet pin switch yet.

GREEN/BROWN wire is connected to the pin switch (the same that operates the interior light.

GREEN/BLUE is also connected to pin switch via piggyback spade end connector.

ORANGE wires are connected to the left and right indicators

YELLOW wire is conected to the switched ignition live (same as used for the stereo)

Now the bit i think ive messed up on...............

RED/BROWN, RED/GREY, RED/BLUE, YELLOW/BROWN, YELLOW/GREY and YELLOW/BLUE wires are all used for the central locking command but the manual failes to explain which goes where. i am guessing that the RED/BLUE and YELLOW/BLUE wires which have the inline 10a fuses are obviosly the live wires and according to the manual i have for the central locking - pre 1995 models the LH central locking motor a red and yellow LIVE going into it and a brown EARTH coming out of it, also white and brown for the lock command and yellow and brown for unlock command.

the RH central locking motor has again red and yellow LIVE and brown EARTH this time with a white wire for the unlock command and a yellow wire for the lock command.

i have connected the RED/GREY from alarm to the WHITE wire in car(as the WHITE wire is the unlock command and is conected to earth. and the RED/BLUE from alarm is connected to the YELLOW wire as this is the lock command and is connected to LIVE hence the inline fuse.

(this is on the drivers side)

YELLOW/BROWN from alarm is conected to BROWN AND WHITE in car (as the brown and white is the unlock command and is connected to earth., and the YELLOW/BLUE from alarm is connected to the BROWN AND YELLOW in car as brown and yellow in car is for the lock command and is connected to the live (hence the inline fuse)

(this is on the passenger side of vehicle)

i have been thinking today and perhaps i have connected to the wrong wires in the sence that do i need to connect the alarm wires to the wires coming OUT of the CENTRAL LOCKING CONTROL UNIT situated either side in the passenger and driver side footwells behind the trim? These units are large white box's with lots of wires coming out of them??

also bit unrlated but under the glove box there is a module with 3 plugs coming out of it. 1 plug is just live and earth for the unit and the other plugs ....well ive only traced 1 and that runs to the ford CD player. is this the amp??

i am really desperate to get this done asap as i cannot lock the vehicle as it was all de-locked b4 i got it and i have no central locking fob for it. many

lo all, i bought a standard alarm system from ebay and i am trying to fit it. yesterday i wired it up as per the instructions (so i thought)working late and mainly by lead light in the dark. problem is once i had installed it as i thought its supposed to be installed the led worked as its supposed to while configuring th alarm but when i tried the central locking the fuse blem. i have followed the instruction manual (although im no sparky) and now i need to check with you if this is right and theres a fault or if i have bolloxed it up.

my car is a 1.8i mk5 93 xr3i

manual says:

BROWN wire to O/E vehicle earth.

RED wire to a permanant 12 volt supply (with inline 15a fuse).

GREEN wires to boot and bonnet pin switches, provided they are switched earth. only.

GREEN/BROWN wire to existing drivers door pin switch, provided that it is switched earth only.

GREEN/BLUE wire is the anti-hijack command, connect this wir to the drivers door pin switch, provided that it is switched earth only.

ORANGE wires to the left and right hand vehicle indicators.

YELLOW wire to an ignition switched live that remains live even when the vehicle is being cranked.

RED/BROWN, RED/GREY, RED/BLUE, YELLOW/BROWN, YELLOW/GREY and YELLOW/BLUE wires are to be used for the central door locking command, follow the instructions included in the vehicles technical installation guide. (RED/BLUE and YELLOW/BLUE wires have inline 10a fuses)

GREEN/RED wire to vehicle speed sense pulse wire

OK HERES WHAT I HAVE DONE......

BROWN wire is connected to an earth i found in the passenger footwell.

RED wire is run straight to the battery

GREEN wires are only connected to boot pin switch at the moment as i hiave no bonnet pin switch yet.

GREEN/BROWN wire is connected to the pin switch (the same that operates the interior light.

GREEN/BLUE is also connected to pin switch via piggyback spade end connector.

ORANGE wires are connected to the left and right indicators

YELLOW wire is conected to the switched ignition live (same as used for the stereo)

Now the bit i think ive messed up on...............

RED/BROWN, RED/GREY, RED/BLUE, YELLOW/BROWN, YELLOW/GREY and YELLOW/BLUE wires are all used for the central locking command but the manual failes to explain which goes where. i am guessing that the RED/BLUE and YELLOW/BLUE wires which have the inline 10a fuses are obviosly the live wires and according to the manual i have for the central locking - pre 1995 models the LH central locking motor a red and yellow LIVE going into it and a brown EARTH coming out of it, also white and brown for the lock command and yellow and brown for unlock command.

the RH central locking motor has again red and yellow LIVE and brown EARTH this time with a white wire for the unlock command and a yellow wire for the lock command.

i have connected the RED/GREY from alarm to the WHITE wire in car(as the WHITE wire is the unlock command and is conected to earth. and the RED/BLUE from alarm is connected to the YELLOW wire as this is the lock command and is connected to LIVE hence the inline fuse.

(this is on the drivers side)

YELLOW/BROWN from alarm is conected to BROWN AND WHITE in car (as the brown and white is the unlock command and is connected to earth., and the YELLOW/BLUE from alarm is connected to the BROWN AND YELLOW in car as brown and yellow in car is for the lock command and is connected to the live (hence the inline fuse)

(this is on the passenger side of vehicle)

i have been thinking today and perhaps i have connected to the wrong wires in the sence that do i need to connect the alarm wires to the wires coming OUT of the CENTRAL LOCKING CONTROL UNIT situated either side in the passenger and driver side footwells behind the trim? These units are large white box's with lots of wires coming out of them??

also bit unrlated but under the glove box there is a module with 3 plugs coming out of it. 1 plug is just live and earth for the unit and the other plugs ....well ive only traced 1 and that runs to the ford CD player. is this the amp??

i am really desperate to get this done asap as i cannot lock the vehicle as it was all de-locked b4 i got it and i have no central locking fob for it. many

Dont know if it helps? but it sounds like a wire which you think is neg becomes live when it throws the door lock......i had the same problem 8o

Ok so i went out and tried again, this time no fuse blew but the door central locking is stuck in a cycle of lock, unlock, lock, unlock untill i disconect the battery negative. any ideas please

also, do i connect the orange wires to the indicator LIVE or negative? and will the flashing indicators when alarm is activated still work properly if i conect left hand idicator at fromt to alarm and rear driverside indicator to alarm

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

pic 5

pic 6

pic 7

pic 8

pic 9

pic 10

pic 11

pics 1 - 6 are out of the alarm instalation book

7 - 11 are out of the haynes manual

dont know if this helps any one help me but its worth a go, sorry pics arnt so good camera is crap.

im gonna go have another crack at it as i dnt wanna be out in the dark again

also i have been to recheck the wiring and i have to ask. do i wire alarm onto the thick wires going into the central locking control unit or to the thin wires goin into the unit?? reason i ask is because the the colour wires it says to conect to are not present in the buch of thinck wires but are in the buch of thiner wires problem is the colour wires i am looking for are there in multiples ie theres like 4 of the colour i need so which one do i connect to? this is mental doin my bloody head in.

by the way the alarm in trying to install is a gt811 car alarm

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHH

guess wot??

have you guessed yet?

no the car hasnt been stolen..........lol

its dun woo-hoo (well sort of n e way)

All central locking works (please dont ask me to explain how) not yet n e way i will do that at a later date exactly as its been done just incase n e 1 else has problems fitting theres......

Thank you all for your input it has helped but now i am having trouble with the movement sensors lmfao. BUT not to worry im gonna try and sort that tomorow afternoon. it cant b n e thing to drastic as they were working properly yesterday and i havent touched the sensors in any way whilst trying to fit the central locking part.

many thanks again and watch this space for the "HOW TO" guide lol